Explore a range of courses to kickstart your professional development.
Course dates: 15 Nov 2021 | Duration: 1 day
3x 90min sessions
Sustainability is important. It looks to preserve our economy, our ecological health, whilst not impacting on the ability of future generations. What if you applied the same principles to a business? Whether to refocus on core activities or transform, there is an unrelenting need to drive change by aligning the organisation around sustainable strategies.
This highly interactive programme will give participants the opportunity to reflect on their strategic capability and how to sustain and futureproof their business.
This course is aimed at existing directors and planning teams who want to enhance their strategic planning activities.
Course features and benefits
A case study approach is used throughout including some group discussions and quizzes.
There will be ample opportunity for you to contribute to discussions with your peers and draw on the experiences of your course leader.
Introduction and course objectives
- Course leader and delegates
- What is of particular interest to you and why?
Corporate, business and operations strategy
- What is strategy? Producing goal-oriented results
- Applying the three layers of strategy to create shared value
Range of approaches to formulation of customer-focused strategies
- Commonly used models, tools, and practices to formulate, evaluate and improve strategies
- Creating and maintaining competitive advantage during a highly uncertain environment
Translating strategic imperatives into operational plans
- “Wheel of Change”, planning for possibilities and contingencies
- Committing resources to pursue growth successfully
- Tackling systemic changes (digital transformations and pandemics)
Overcoming strategic bottlenecks, staying on track
- Emergent strategies (adjusting to survive, capitalise on new environments)
- Knowing the common obstacles and how to tackle them
- Understanding key differences between a good and bad strategy
- Maintaining focus on value propositions, monitoring impact of decisions taken
- Scenario analyses to develop smart strategic options and decision choices
Mitigation of risks that could derail strategy
- Tackling disruptions and uncertainties (setting risk appetite, risk tolerances, and risk responses)
- Developing and embedding risk policy, sustaining risk management framework
- Meeting stakeholder’s expectations, framing environmental, social, and governance metrics
Participation on this course will enable you to:
- Widen your perspective to cover business, social and the economic landscape
- Apply strategic models during complex business environments
- Select the best strategic options
- Introduce financial rigour in decision choices
- Deliver more integrated planning with organisational buy-in
Over 25 years, Raj has held board positions specialising in finance, treasury, governance, and risk within the financial, energy and retail sectors. His knowledge and expertise have inspired him to become a course leader for the last 10 years, delivering for institutions like ACCA, ICAEW and IoD
Sign up to our Newsletter
Receive the latest news and offers from College Green Group’s professional development programmes direct to your inbox.